Before going further, let’s quickly understand autism disorder and its symptoms.
What is Autism, and what are the symptoms of autism?
Autism spectrum disorder is defined as a disorder that impacts the nervous system and affects the emotional, social, and physical health of a person. This disorder is caused by differences in the brain. Persons with autism spectrum disorder have problems with social communication and interaction. They often do repetition in language or movement, such as repeating the same words or sounds. For children with autism, the sensory stimuli can be overwhelming, triggering extreme anxiety and autistic behaviors.
Autism schools in Singapore
Children with autism spectrum disorder face various difficulties in normal public school. Some may struggle to function with daily tasks without needed support, while others can work more efficiently within a normal environment with a lower level of help. Public school systems are not always good and sufficient for children with autism disorder. That is why Singapore has opened many autism schools to provide better education to children with ASD. Autism-based schools offer a more flexible environment to students as well as to families.
These schools provide a wide range of services, that helps students to grow and flourish. Some of the facilities are mentioned below.
- Speech and language therapy.
- Behavioral therapies.
- Provides better and easy communication.
- Physical therapy.
- Special education services.
Autism-specialized schools provide a resource that is helpful for understanding and easy to learn.
Autism-specific school employees are more professional than just a teacher. These members are specially trained in such fields:
- Occupational, physical, and behavior therapists.
- Community advocates.
- Trained in speech-language.
Benefits of Autism Schools.
There are many benefits of choosing an autism school singapore. An autism-based school offers better services and pays more attention to an autistic children.
- Children with autism disorder get offensive by large classes and meet with a high level of sensory load. This issue can be managed more effectively in a small classroom. Autism-specialized offers a smaller class size to students for better learning.
- Schools for children with autism employees are licensed professionals and go easy with children on an individual basis. These employees provide more attention to students on regular basis.
- Children can learn communication and social skills through standard specialized resources. They will also get to learn about tools for functioning freely in daily work.
Autism-specialized schools in Singapore help those children with an autism spectrum disorder in educational fields as well as in social skills.