As a student, you may find yourself in the difficult dilemma of either taking online classes or learning face to face. Though small group communication skills develop through face to face activities, online education, in recent years, continues to grow as people have learned its many advantages.
Each class setup has its own advantages. Face-to-face classes offer social experiences, personal connections, structured learning, and regular communication, while online have expanded because of the demand for more flexible learning. So, if you are looking for igcse chemistry tutor or any other subject, you can select whether you take classes at the school center, private tutoring at home, or have online lessons. The same goes for those who seek a sat math tutor as this can also take place at the center, at the student’s home, or online.
1) Online Classes
Online classes enable you to have greater flexibility and can study from the comfort of your home or wherever you want. You can choose your own schedule or availability; however, you must actively participate in the class during its time frame. Furthermore, here are some of its advantages.
- It saves you time and money.
- It readjusts your life– your lifestyle, and other activities.
- Being late in classes is avoidable. Time is more manageable.
- Setting can be more relaxed for you than in a classroom.
- Enables you to build up your skills associating with technology
- It suits your different learning techniques
- Courses and tutors delivery techniques are different and engaging
2) Face to Face Classes
Face to face kind of learning is where the teacher and the student meet in a particular place for a specific time. It’s either one-on-one or in group class lessons similar to a school or classroom setting.
It is an effective way to learn knowledge and skills because it often combines various learning methods, including reading, writing, discussion, presentations, projects, group work, demos, and more.
- It lets you concentrate harder on your learning as there will be fewer distractions than if you are at home.
- It enables you to gain a greater understanding
- Taking your course in a classroom situation will give you a better chance of successfully completing it.
- It will provide you with a more comfortable feeling and learn more efficiently in a familiar, traditional classroom setting.
- It enables you to access more information and deeper understanding through teacher and other students’ voice and body language.
- It will give you the opportunity to connect, build a network, and problem-solve with other students.
Communication is one of the areas where you can find a distinction between face to face and online classes. Students who take classes online usually communicate with their teachers or tutors via phone or email, while the traditional classroom students have more direct contact with their teachers. The latter also have informal communication in person with peers, while students of online classes usually interact with other students through virtual conversations and email.
It is often more self-driven and independent than face-to-face experience when it comes to the learning process online. Classroom students who attend actively receive consistent communication about class assignments and direct instructions from their teachers, while online students need a higher level of personal responsibility and discipline. If you are a student who is an active scheduler, enjoy autonomous work, use technology for school tasks, and consistently meet deadlines, then you can gain success online. But if you are someone who needs personal contact and a more structured learning setting may take advantage of the traditional class.