Taj Lake Palace, a royal residence worked by the previous Mewar rulers is really based on the island of Jag Niwas in Lake Pichola. Taj Lake Palace, when a castle of the Mewars has now been changed over to a legacy inn by the Taj Group. The royal residence ignoring the lake gives a mesmerizing perspective to all guests, particularly during and after nightfall. The royal residence lights around evening time consider Lake Pichola to give a captivating appeal of the castle and the lake.
Category: Heritage hotel, historical significance
Address: Mewar, Udaipur, Rajasthan
Postal Code: 313001
Sunday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Monday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Thursday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Friday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Saturday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Places you Must See
- Lake Pichola
- Arsi Vilas
- Barah patharon ka haveli
- Gangaur Ghat
- City Palace
- Bagore ki Haveli
- Natini Chabutaras
Entry to Taj Lake Palace is free however, boat ride costs start from INR200 to INR700 (during sunset) and boat ride costs differ for adults and children.
How to reach
The Udaipur Railway Station is located 4km away from the site and train tickets cost 500INR and above depending on your start point. There is no railway connection between Jodhpur to Udaipur through the direct train.
Travelers can book the vistara reservations to the Maharana Pratap Airport. The Taj Lake Palace can be reached by a cab from the Maharana Pratap Airport in 40 minutes that is situated 27km away from the site.
You can book a cab to visit the Taj Lake Palace and the cab cost starts from 300INR.
Tips for visitors
- A trip to Taj Lake Palace is incomplete without a boat ride in the serene Lake Pichola, especially during the sunset.
- History lovers can take a guided tour around Lake Pichola to learn about the history of City Palace, Bagore ki Haveli, Gangaur Ghat, old city, which usually costs between 1300INR-4000INR.
- Monsoons (July-September) and winters (October-February) are the best time to visit this place to avoid the scorching heat of the summer (March-June).
- Bagore ki Haveli holds cultural and historical shows during the evenings which are worth seeing.
- Taj Palace is a luxurious residential place now and the view of the lake from the City Palace at night is breathtaking.
- Arsi Vilas, another prominent and beautiful site is now a bird sanctuary that houses various migratory and indigenous birds.
- Barah patharon ka mahal that is made up of 12 stones, is yet another beautiful sight to witness.
- Travelers are advised not to miss the boat ride to Jagmandir to see the scenic beauty of the place.
Attraction Write Up
Lake Pichola worked in 1362 AD after the name of a close-by town Pichola, is presently an aspect of the Taj Lake Palace and offers a captivating perspective on the spot. Arsi Vilas, which is currently a winged animal safe-haven lodging rushes of coots, egrets, terns, kingfishers, cormorants, and tufted ducks was initially worked by the Maharajas as a loosening up spot to see the nightfall. Among other amazing spots are Jag Mandir, Mohan Mandir, Swaroop Sagar Bridge, Bagore ki Haveli, and Natini Chabutaras. So, don’t wait anymore and book british airways reservations right away to the nearest airport to Udaipur and start exploring these places on your own.
As per a perspective view of local people, Natini (a tightrope walker) was once guaranteed by Maharana Jawan Singh that he would bless half of his Mewar realm in the event that she could arrive at the finish of the Lake by strolling on the rope. It is accepted that the ruler deceived her by cutting the rope before she could arrive at the end and keeping in mind that perishing, she reviled the lord of no relatives to the seat. This revile is still currently accepted to be valid as all the seven relatives after the lord had been embraced.